Greener Camping Club membership
Non members of the Greener Camping Club are very welcome, membership is just £12. Please pay when booking to save time at check-in. Only 1 membership is required per booking. Full details are in our terms & conditions here.
We are a Certified Camping Site licensed by The Greener Camping Club. Membership costs just £12.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept dogs or other pets.
Camp fires may be lit in our fire pits unless we decide that there is a safety risk, such as in extended periods of hot and dry
weather - please don't forage for wood (it damages our hedges, trees and wild woodland) and please only burn kiln dried, untreated wood. Please don't bring firewood with nails in it - it's very dangerous for our livestock. We sell sustainably sourced logs, kindling and firelighting packs in our shop.
Groups are very welcome - but please contact us first and we will do our best to accommodate you. We can offer you your own area or field.
Sorry, we don't accept bookings from single sex groups such as hen parties, stag nights etc...
We welcome tents and camper vans. Unfortunately the roads here are too narrow for motorhomes and caravans. We don't have electric hook-up points.
Please do email or phone if you have any problems or questions about booking.
March 31st - October 23rd 2023
April 28th - September 4th
All year round - subject to weather
All year round - subject to weather
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We aim to provide a relaxing and fun farm camping experience for all our guests, but in order to do so and to safeguard farm ecology there are a few terms and conditions all guests need to agree to.
1. Our campsite is licensed by The Greener Camping Club, which shares our aim of providing sustainable, responsible, eco-friendly camping. Membership costs just £12 and you can join when you book with us. For more information click on the club logo below. Please note we do not accept bookings from persons under 18 years of age and from groups of people without prior arrangement.
2. Cancellation by you. If you cancel your holiday six weeks or more before your arrival date we will refund your payment less a 20% admin fee. The Greener Camping Club membership fee is not refundable. If you cancel your holiday less than six weeks before your arrival date and we are able to re-let your holiday for the dates you have booked, we will refund your deposit and balance, less a 20% admin fee. The Greener Camping Club membership fee is not refundable. In the event that we are unable re-let your dates, no refund will be made. If you are concerned about the prospect of cancellation, please take out holiday insurance.
3. Cancellation by us. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at short notice due to circumstances beyond our control. We cannot accept liability or responsibility for any loss, including consequential loss, caused by cancellation. Chapel House Farm are not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event we are prevented from fulfilling your booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but will not be limited to) war, terrorism, serious crime, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, ill health, extreme winds, epidemics or such similar events ("Force Majeure"). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
4. The campsite. Chapel House Farm is a working farm. We have sheep, cattle and pigs on the farm and we make hay during the summer. The site includes ponds, streams, steep paths and stone steps. Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children on site at all times. The main camping field is relatively flat, but the path between the loos and the main camping field is a fairly steep grass track and unlit. Please bring torches, wellies, sensible shoes and wet weather gear!
5. Vehicles. We are happy to move guest's belongings to the bell tent when the field is too wet to drive on or the guest's vehicle is unsuitable to drive in the field. You can park next to your tent in the main camping field, but please keep to our speed limit of 5mph.
6. Pets. We do not allow dogs/pets on site.
7. Noise. For the benefit of other guests, please do not play amplified music. Considerate playing of acoustic music is welcome. Please keep any noise to a minimum after 10:30 p.m.
8. You can borrow our metal fire pits or you are welcome to use your own. Please keep all BBQs or firepits off the ground to avoid burning the grass. Please do not bring firewood containing nails etc, so the field remains safe for our sheep, cattle and pigs over the winter. Please do not take branches and sticks from the woods - these are vital for a healthy woodland ecosystem and for den building.
9. Chapel House Farm Campsite will not accept any responsibility for personal injury sustained on our premises. Likewise we will not accept any responsibility for visitors' property.