2020 - we hope to have a limited number of pitches available from July
The pitches are only big enough for one main tent or camper van, so please book a pitch for each tent or camper van. We don't charge for additional small or 'pup' tents.
Adult rate (16 years and over) - £12.50 per night
Child rate (6 - 15 years) - £5 per night
Infant rate (5 years and under) - free
Bell tent hire - We have a small number of 5m & 6m bell tents available to hire in the main camping field. We will put the tent up for your arrival. These tents are unfurnished - you need to bring all your usual camping equipment including camp beds / mattresses / bedding, lighting, etc... These are only available in the main camping field, 'Flat field'.
£100 for a 5m tent / £120 for a 6m tent per booking.
Furnished bell tent
Furnished bell tent - book our spacious, six-metre bell tent, which sleeps up to four people.
£80 per night for stays of up to five nights. Additional nights are £50 per night.
Minimum stay, two nights.
Cleaning fee, £25.
Greener Camping Club membership
Non members of the Greener Camping Club are very welcome, membership is just £10, payable on arrival. Only 1 membership is required per booking. Please pay this on arrival at the campsite. Full details are in our terms & conditions here.
We are a Certified Camping Site licensed by The Greener Camping Club. Membership costs just £10.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept dogs.
Camp fires may be lit in our fire pits unless we decide that there is a safety risk, such as in extended periods of hot and dry
weather - please don't forage for wood (it damages our hedges, trees and wild woodland) and please only burn kiln dried, untreated wood. We sell sustainably sourced logs, kindling and firelighting packs in our shop.
Groups are very welcome - but please contact us first and we will do our best to accommodate you. We can offer you your own area or field.
Sorry, we don't accept bookings from single sex groups.
We welcome tents and camper vans. Unfortunately the roads here are too narrow for motorhomes and caravans. We don't have electric hook-up points.
Once you have decided on a particular field to camp in, please don't worry about choosing specific pitches, you will usually have a choice of where you would like to camp. (To protect our meadows, we mow extra pitches, to allow the grass to recover). We will try and organise it so that groups get to camp together.
Please do email or phone if you have any problems or questions about booking.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We aim to provide a relaxing and fun farm camping experience for all our guests, but in order to do so and to safeguard farm ecology there are a few terms and conditions all guests need to agree to.
1. Our campsite is licensed by The Greener Camping Club, which shares our aim of providing sustainable, responsible, eco-friendly camping. Membership costs just £10 and you can join when you book with us. For more information click on the club logo below. Please note we do not accept bookings from persons under 18 years of age and single sex groups.
2. Payment. Please see our new Covid - 19 terms below (number 11).
3. Cancellation by you. If you cancel your holiday six weeks or more before your arrival date we will refund your payment less a 20% admin fee. The Greener Camping Club membership fee is not refundable. If you cancel your holiday less than six weeks before your arrival date and we are able to re-let your holiday for the dates you have booked, we will refund your deposit and balance, less a 20% admin fee. The Greener Camping Club membership fee is not refundable. In the event that we are unable re-let your dates, no refund will be made. If you are concerned about the prospect of cancellation, please take out holiday insurance.
4. Cancellation by us. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at short notice due to circumstances beyond our control. We cannot accept liability or responsibility for any loss, including consequential loss, caused by cancellation. Chapel House Farm are not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event we are prevented from fulfilling your booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but will not be limited to) war, terrorism, serious crime, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, ill health, extreme winds, epidemics or such similar events ("Force Majeure"). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
5. The campsite. Chapel House Farm is a working farm. We have sheep on the farm at certain times of the year and we make hay during the summer. The site includes ponds, streams, steep paths and stone steps. Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children on site at all times. The main camping field is relatively flat, but the path between the loos and the main camping field is a fairly steep grass track and unlit. Please bring torches, wellies, sensible shoes and wet weather gear!
6. Vehicles. We are happy to move guest's belongings to the bell tent when the field is too wet to drive on or the guest's vehicle is unsuitable to drive in the field. You can park next to your tent in the main camping field, but please keep to our speed limit of 5mph.
7. Pets. We do not allow dogs/pets on site.
8. Noise. For the benefit of other guests, please do not play amplified music. Considerate playing of acoustic music is welcome. Please keep any noise to a minimum after 10:30 p.m.
9. You can borrow our metal fire pits or you are welcome to use your own. Please keep all BBQs or firepits off the ground to avoid burning the grass. Please do not bring firewood containing nails etc, so the field remains safe for our sheep over the winter. Please do not take branches and sticks from the woods - these are vital for a healthy woodland ecosystem and for den building.
10. Chapel House Farm Campsite will not accept any responsibility for personal injury sustained on our premises. Likewise we will not accept any responsibility for visitors' property.
11. Covid - 19. The following condition applies if we are not able to accommodate your booking due to COVID-19 'lockdown' restrictions, or if you are not able to attend due to restrictions in other countries or because you need to self-isolate: Any payments you have made (whether deposit or full balance) are not refundable, although they can be used instead towards a new booking within the following 18 months.